Alabama Angel

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Only The Parts I Can Tell You About

So yesterday at the end of my rope, not feeling well, I trudged through my day. I was doing laundry so I have my son take a load of clothes that were waiting to be folded & hung up & put them on my bed when the doorbell rang. Of course, since I don't have it all together, I forget about them & go about my day. I wasn't feeling good, so sometime in the day when my son was upstairs I asked him to bring me a pillow & quilt off my bed. Later in the evening, letting "it all" get to me & having my own self- serving, self-inflicted pity party, I wind up just thinking maybe I will go take a shower & then soak in the tub for a while before I go to bed, which I do. When I get out of the tub, my DH is on the bed, the clean clothes that i had my son place on my bed earlier in the day are in the floor on top of dirty ones or mixed in, whatever. I lose it. With tears in my eyes, yet again, I kick the clean/dirty clothes out of the room, into the hall, down the stairs & as I open the baby gate that is at the landing of the stairs (keeps the dogs I am dog sitting this week from coming upstairs) one of the dogs pukes on the second step before the landing. Nice! So before I can even kick the dirty/clean clothes that I so love to wash & dry & drag up & down the stairs a million times & fold & hang farther, I have to stop & clean up dog puke. As I pass through the kitchen to go get cleaner for the carpet, I see where I cooked supper & since I wasn't feeling well I had not cleaned up & of course, no one else had been in the kitchen long enough to do anything but mess either. SO I shew the dogs into my dogs room where they had been earlier & I see the mess they made. Because I didn't feel like I was close enough to the edge yet, right. I start to get the dishes out of the dishwasher to find a peice a Tupperware that has been put under the cabinet & wasn't clean. I lose it for real. I throw Tupperware across the kitchen into the livingroom.

I call my son downstairs & ask that he help clean up. I don't know if he knocked the clothes off the bed getting the quilt & pillow or if my DH knocked them off when he got into the bed. Bottom line, I guess they shouldn't have been on the bed. So I wind up getting the dogs room cleaned once again, doing more laundry once again, putting away leftovers, cleaning off countertops, doing dishes, sweeping floors, letting the dogs out for the last time, taking a sleeping pill & half an anxiety pill & sleeping in the spare room so as not to be woke up at 4 AM when my DH has to get up & being kept up all night by the whirring of his computer that he swears kept him alive during the last year in Korea & refuses to turn off at night. Since I started my BP meds, I have kept a headache. The doc said to give it two weeks to get in my system & ignore the side effects. I am trying, but my head is killing me almost every day.

I get up this morning around 6. I come downstairs to dog puke & 2 big piles of dog poop where the dogs have relieved themselves in the livingroom for some reason. I guess I should be thankful it wasn't in the carpet on the stairs, but on the hardwood in the livingroom & a little easier to clean up, right? Be thankful for the little things. I appreciate my DH not stepping in it on his way out the door & grinding it into the floor. So I wake up to more to clean. I am still harboring the headache, so starting the day with dog poop & puke is a great start to my day. Afterward, I think coffee sounds good. I need something besides the smell of cleaners to wake me up. I make coffee & start to refill the filtered waterer jug when the filter comes out & I have to start all over with the water jug. Just icing on the cake. I cook oatmeal, drink my coffee & was thinking I would go to the gym & work off some of my frustrations. What a great idea. Well, in all my genius, last night I had failed to make sure the dryer was on enough to dry the clothes that were in there (the clothes in the dryer just happened to be my gym clothes). So dryer back on, no gym for now.

My DH comes in to tell me that at his appt this morning he was told that he had no insurance. Yes, it is yet another Tri-Care error. We DO have insurance and especially him, the soldier! Yesterday they had him attached to a post he had never been attached to. But just one more thing to work with. So let us deal with Tri-care yet again. Yay! Then we later figure out that we have been kicked out of the Marriage Retreat that the Army was sponsoring. One more YAY!

So since we weren't going to the Marriage Retreat, I thought I would adjust the dates that I would take my son to AL to accomodate my schedule therefore allowing me to spend my sons 16th birthday with him. Well, that was not going to fly with him because that isn't what he wanted. It interfered with the time he has slated to spend with his friends.

You know it has been a good day when you are looking SO forward to a Monday. It is times like the last 24 hours that make me thank the Lord that He never allowed me to acquire a drinking or drug habit because this would have definitely been a time for me to fall off the wagon! Thank you Lord for making me broke enough not to be able to afford a habit at any time in my life. hahahahahahaha! WOOOOOOOO HOOOO!

When you see someone on the news that lost their marbles, you will now have a full explanation of the "why" behind it.

No comments:

Post a Comment