Crystal

Crystal
Alabama Angel

Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year 2010

Happy New Year 2010 to all my friends & family who are reading & following my blog. I have only begun my blog, but I am thoroughly enjoying it. I hope you are also.

My husband is home this year & we celebrated. We got to bring in the New Year together last night, which was a big improvement. We didn't get to bring in 2009 together because he was in So. Korea. Next year he will be in Iraq. We had to make the most of brining 2010 in together.

It is 1311 here on New Years Day 2010 & my husband has grilled a pork loin on the grill (thank you Food Lion meat sales), I made black eyed peas that are warm in the crock pot & collard greens are wilted & cooked. Now to make the corn bread. I have to love New Years. What a great meal it is going to be!

I just thought as I cooked about those who don't eat pork. What do they season greens or black eyed peas or dried beans with? My husband says olive oil. My Southern tongue made my whole face snarl at that idea. It wasn't something that seemed remotely palatable to me.

Today is going to be an easy day at home just hanging out with my son & my husband, doing laundry & enjoying each other. I got to talk to my Mama a little while ago, my Daddy is at work. Everyone is healthy, happy, & prosperous in our own right.

No comments:

Post a Comment