Crystal

Crystal
Alabama Angel

Monday, December 28, 2009

Redstone

I took my son to visit with his friends the day after Christmas. I couldn't help myself. I had to stop by my old Redstone home. I pulled up to the gate & I knew the guard by name. I travel on thru & see the familiar sites. I notice the new street sign up at the light. I turn & go down my old street to my old home. There are vehicles in the drive, which makes me think I have company. It still feels like "my home" except I don't live there anymore, and the vehicles parked there have New York plates. I pull into the driveway beside it & visit my old neighbors. I see m neighbors new baby. Funny how I felt so attached to this precious little baby boy just from ggoing thru the pregnancy with my neighbor. He is beautiful. It delighted me like can't tell you to have the neighbors 5 year old little girl come to the dorr when I rang the bell only to look out & her eyes get wide & her open the door & yell, "You're Back!" and give me a hug. It doesn't take long to get attached to such a cute little girl. I was blessed with a great neighbor. I miss her a lot. We used to eat together a lot since both of our husbands were away at the same time. That saved on the cooking.

I have been truly blessed with neighbors. I even have a good one now at my new home. the value of a good neighbor can not be measured.

I am really proud of myself for not crying as I got to Redstone & went around the circle I used to live on, seeing my neighbors. rolling my window down to see if my old neighbor was baking & per chance I could smell it. She wasn't home. But I felt her presence. I did not cry as I left, because I didn't really leave. I took a part of it with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment