Crystal

Crystal
Alabama Angel

Monday, December 7, 2009

First Aerobics Class

I went to my first Aerobics class this morning after dropping my son at work. My friend didn't get to meet me as we had planned. I now know that was a higher power intervening to save me the shame of being embarassed in front of a friend. I made it through about 45 minutes, but not the whole hour. I had to stop. My son was working at the gym & I didn't want him to have to clean up the bloodshed when my heart exploded. I am going back though. And I have drank enough water to float away.

Learning is a lifelong process. Open your mind & your ears & you will learn something new, at least one thing, each day. Some days, you will learn something more important than others. Here is what I have already learned today: Fat impedes rhythm. Now that I am fat, I have no rhythm. Once I get all my fat going in one direction, in aerobics, we change direction. I know I used to have rhythm, at least white girl rhythm. Now the clumsiness (which made me afraid the whole entire time that I was going to fall flat on my face off the step in aerobics) is something I inherited the moment I conceived Rod, so it has nothing to do with the weight.

No comments:

Post a Comment