Crystal

Crystal
Alabama Angel

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

It has been quite a day. I woke up with it being my sons 16th Birthday & knowing hta the was an hour away & it was snowing. Well, it was snowing where he was & sleeting like MAD where I was. I drove an hour to go get him on unpassable patches of road that I shouldn't have been on probably, but my whole thought was to get to spend some time with him on his birthday, get him back to my parents house. I got to him & he is staying there for another couple of days. He was upset we weren't going to get to hang out all day together doing whatever since the weather was so bad. By the time I got there, the roads were closed & I had to stay. I finally got to come home in the late afternoon. It was good to get to catch up with my friend & ex-neighbor for a while & hold her baby, see her new dog.

I got home in time to eat supper & hang out just a little. It has been a whole different day than I thought it would be. But then again, aren't most of them?

My son said, "Well at least you didn't cry!" He just didn't see me crying on the way to get him, on the way back, all night almost. My little boy is growing up!

It wound up being an interesting night for sure. I will just say that no matter how many times it happens to you, when someone pulls the rug out from under you for no good reason, you are always stunned.

I am reminded everyday of a piece of wisdom I learned before. Todays was: YOU Teach outhers how to treat you by what you allow.

No comments:

Post a Comment